Our mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions....

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 58 - Yo Yo's

Drove up to Duluth to celebrate family birthdays, including mine which was today!  Decided to do a simple craft in the car and began making small yo yo's.  It was a beautiful drive and I will share a couple more photos of gifts tomorrow..I was working out of the brown, black and white scrap drawer...
An enthusiastic party goer.

I mentioned that I would add a photo and because this is a "crafting" blog I wanted to share this unbelieveable hand crafted gift that I recieved from my Dad.  It is a hand turned lamp with the base made of walnut and oak.  The oak is from a tree that belonged to him.  The shade is actually embroidered in cream but doesn't show up in the photo.  The workmanship is ablsolutely gorgeous.  Wow.  What a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment