Our mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions....

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 166 - MN Quilt Show St Cloud MN

Well, what an overwhelming day today as are all of these shows!  It never ceases to amaze me the creativity and imagination people have in creating quilts! So many things that I have never even thought of!  Lots of quilts with black backgrounds, many with embellishments on them such as beads, tassels, charms or buttons.  Also some use of those crystal gems.  The hand quilting astonishes me how even those thousands of tiny stitches are and some of the machine quilting is equally amazing.  As always I am drawn to applique quilts.  There were several quilts that used one inch pieces or one half inch squares and that is something I want to tackle myself.  When I go to these shows I try and remember how much thought people put into their borders too.  By the time I get to the border on a quilt I am in a "hurrah" mode and want to hurry up and get it done.  I saw beaded borders, scalloped borders, tiny pieces of piping inserted inbetween borders, many uses of prairie points heading in or out of the quilt.  Here are a couple of photos from today:


These are my little purchases from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment