Our mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions....

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 160 - Creative Thinking...Quilt Shops

Spent the morning in St Cloud with the first stop Grubers Quilts.


Saw this little quilt and I wanted to remember it as I think it would be a fun one to try and reproduce.


Here is a great idea for a partial door covering and they used it to hide some shelves-
just torn strips of fabric!



And this quilt was in the foyer to the store.  It is some Michael Miller fabric used with a panel of RV sayings.
I have a little bit of this fabric and I bought the RV sayings today.


Here were my Grubers purchases.


Then on to Crafts Direct and it had begun to rain again.



Found Michael a comfortable spot to sit and went shopping.  Boy that is a huge store and they carry so many things that are not available in the cities.  I did notice that their prices on fabrics had increased and are the same as what they are charging at Grubers.



We ended our St Cloud (Waite Park) trip with a stop at a restaurant that we had never been to before-
Space Alien!  A fun family place full of noise and kids and crazy things hanging on the walls.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Peter Pan and some bison! I'm guessing that green checked rodeo was no where to be found though.

    ReplyDelete