Our mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions....

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Not a creative week.

I ended up working 4 days this week so that left a lot less time for being creative.  I think I am in a slump.  That doesn't happen too often for me.  Anyway, today Michael and I started our big May project.  Two winters ago we had straight line winds and it broke all of the fence posts of our 6' privacy fence across the longest part of our backyard.  Our goal in May is to repair/replace  1/2 of it.  Today we started by disassembling 4 sections of the fence.  I should have taken a "before" picture but oh, well.  Here is the "after" photo of the fence that is gone.  It is amazing how much privacy it provides from the neighbors.  You can see the "shed" that our neighbors built last year- it is quite large.  Our shed is behind all of the fence boards standing up leaning against it.  Behind the lavendar fence is an out-of-control vegetable (raspberry) garden with 2 compost bins in it as well as some bricks to reuse and a small tree that I keep pruning back to keep it small.
When we were done for the day Pete joined us on the deck for a little relaxation.


No comments:

Post a Comment