Our mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions....

Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 137 - The love that binds....

Well, in my excitement to move to this step I forgot the "measure twice, cut once" rule.  I cut strips 1 1/4" wide and began sewing them onto the quilt. Got to the first corner and didn't have my "visual" instuctions for making a mitered corner, kept sewing and then realized that I should have had my binding twice the size to double it over and I had sewn the corner onto itself.  Out came the seam ripper.  Then my beloved brother- in-law's infamous saying came to mind: "If it's good enough to do once, it's good enough to do twice."  Recut 2" binding and found the instructions online for the mitered corner.  So much for being an "experienced" quilter...



End of the evening-
 I have pinned the backside of the binding so I can begin to hand sew it tomorrow at my craft group.

No comments:

Post a Comment