Our mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions....

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Surprised It's Been So Long

Time does pass quickly...I have been working on many things.  Counted cross stitch at work, wool felt table centerpiece, made curtains for the deck, already had to repair them in less than a week and who knows what else...

Today was a fun day inspired and planned by Michael. The day started with a wonderful rain with a bit of thunder and lightening.  Then breakfast at Perkins.  Drove north to St Cloud and went to Grubers Quilt store, more north to Alexandria and went to the Ben Franklin Crafts and Debbies Quilts and then had lunch at Lake Carlos State Park.  Made a second stop at Ben Frankin too....

I have a photo of my purchases today!
At Grubers I found some Minnesota fabric to back the 2nd camping quilt I am working on, a piece of fabric for a pillowcase and a bar of Minnesota soap that says "Hand Crafted by Ludefisk-Loving Hands in Glenville MN, there is even a state of Minnesota shape in the middle of the soap!  On to Ben Franklin Crafts where I found some different colors of felt, a piece of onion fabric and 3 pieces of fabric for pillowcases.  At store shared by the Debbies Quilts there was this little handmade all wool doll.  It had been $12.00 marked to $6.00 and I got it for $3.00 (for a little neighbor girl).  On our way back through Alexandria we stopped again at the Ben Franklin and I found the striped fabric that I will make into awnings for our trailer windows and the bag of lovely green buttons that was too good a price to pass up!  Fun shopping!

I also finished a small friendship book that has been mailed to a dear friend.  Here is the cover.
I had so much fun figuring out to to make this book and using only things that I had from home.  The key on the front is from the suitcases I was given for my 18th birthday and the cording hanging down from the flower is candle wick that I had from when I was making sand candles in the 70's.  Fun to use some of the treasures that have been saved.  I will show you the rest of the book next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment